Wednesday 14 August 2013

More Than I Need, But Not As Many As I Want...

Having purchased two bikes since the 1st June to add to the one that I already own, this is predictably attracting a few comments of why I should want more than one bike...

I have a wishlist of about 5 or 6 bikes at the moment in the short term. I've decided I'm going to have a different bike for a different purpose. Once I've bought them all (only another 2  to go, a fast commuter and a folder for public transport) I shall buy pretty much anything simply because I like it ie it's different (bamboo frame, shaft drive). I might end up over the long term with over 20 like the 26 owned by an acquaintance of my Dad's.

I've noticed a degree of double standardism (my word, so there) when it comes to off beat interests and those of the mainstream, for example, soccer and TV watching. Seems those who question mainstream outside interests are told "each to their own", whilst it's OK to question and criticise the less popular ones, or pretty much anything that doesn't interest them...

I don't have to justify myself as to how I spend my money when it doesn't adversely affect someone else - ie spending the housekeeping on booze or gambling...

I've seen some Americans quoted as saying when asked how many guns they have and the answer is: "more than I need, but not as many as I want".

Well, it's the same with bikes for me ;-)

So, what do I have?
Kettler Selection

Gazelle Toer Populaire 

Kettler Spirit

And what do I want? Well, have a rough idea though it might change, it certainly does and has, and I'm not sure there's enough space either in this blog or in my house...

And what do I need? All of them...

No comments:

Post a Comment